Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Lincoln Air Cruiser

The cruiser's engines are made from cardboard, paper, and water bottles.
The front windshield trimming is made of silver painted paper.
Back section of the roof has two lights on both sides.
The bottom of the car has a pontoon structure, making it aerodynamic. I built the pontoon structure to hide the wiring. The batteries are in the trunk. This was a very complex vehicle to make.
The front windshield has a late 1940s style. The engines have a Lincoln symbol on them.
Half of the roof is covered with leather-look fabric.
The hood opens sideways. I made the front bumper as part of the car which gave me some ideas for my 1970 Lincoln Continental bumper that I made later on. The lights in the front are bent to go with the aerodynamic design of the face.
I like this car because it has a sleek design. I sold this car.

No comments:

Post a Comment